Faithful Fridays

>> Saturday, August 28, 2010

Ive decided to start blogging on Fridays something that impacted my faith during the week. Working at a hospital, there is usually multiple occurrences that affect my faith daily, but I am going to to focus on one particular event each Friday.

This weeks event happened last night. Last night at work I had a patient that is a paraplegic, meaning he is paralyzed from the waist down. As were doing some work to him, the nurse asked him if he minded talking about the accident that cause this. Long story short, he has been paraylzed for 22 years from a car wreck. Good thing, he was facing the opposite direction, because I started to cry. Not from his story(and Im not discrediting how tragic it is), but from his attitude about it. He is happy. Inspite of all of the things he has happened to him after the wreck, he says he has been blessed. He played in wheelchair games, lives on his own, drives, takes care of himself, grocery shops by himself, and many more things. I cried, because I realized how selfish I am. I take for granted my health, my happiness, and my blessings. Sometimes I let the pettiest problems get my down. I realized that I need to make the best out of every situation that I am faced with. I hope that no matter what challenges come my way, I face them like my patient did. He blessed me more than he will ever know.

So my lesson to myself this week: Do not take life, health, and happiness for granted.

God Bless You!

1 comments:

Ethan September 3, 2010 at 9:50 PM  

This is great stuff. We all need a little reality check now and then. Thanks for sharing.

About This Blog

This is my Lovely Family

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP