Wednesday: Hodgepodge Post

>> Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Today I have a two very opposite things: First I want to start off with prayer request. My Mamaw had surgery today and I would like to ask that you pray for her to have a quick and easy recovery. She takes care of my Papaw. She is an amazingly strong and beautiful woman. She in such an inpsiration to me and I admire her strenght. It amazes me how much she does to care of my Papaw. I know how hard of a job it is, but it is especially hard because she takes care of someone she loves. Just pray she has a quick and speady recovery.

Please pray for my friend Micah. She is having surgery on Thursday. Please pray that all things go well.

Please pray for my Klento Mento and Im going to leave it at that. God knows what He needs. Please pray for Klent's family, his parents-Linda and Darell. His brothers-Matt and Nathan especially Nathan because he just made an unexpected move to Louisville yesterday. It was sudden. Pray that God keeps in a Christiain mindset and guides his direction.

Please pray for my friend Brian is this very trying time and his new trials.

Please pray for Ede, Kathy, Katie, and Sandra D. These are all nurses that I am very close too but they are all having very difficult times in their lives. They are all struggling in very different ways, but it breaks my heart to see them hurt. Pray that they heal and understand that God is there for them.

Thank you for time in my prayer request; moving on.

Yesterday I had a bowling date. But not a date-date. This was a play-date with Noah Thomas. He is an 8 year old boy who goes to Natcher Elementary school and goes to Alvaton with me. Besides my nephew and my boys, he is the only male that makes my heart melt. He has the precious crooked grin that turns me into butter. He is spoiled rotten, but I can't say no to that precious face. I picked Noah up from school and he comes out wearing those silly black glasses, with the nose and mustache attached to them. You know the ones Im talking about? I ask him why he's got them on and he said "It was mustache day at school!" He looked so cute with his backpack and glasses on. Anyways I we went bowling and I took some really neat pictures(yeah for my photography class!). He cracks me up; he is super competitive so when he doesn't get a strike or a spare, it's like the world ended. After we bowled a couple of games, we went and played in the arcade and he won enough ticket to get a Sherrifs badge. He then paraded around with the badge and mustache glasses on.

From the bowling alley, I took Noah to campus with me. This is where he said my favorite thing that probably made me laugh the hardest. We were driving down Greek row and all the girls were out on the lawn, people were running, and just hanging out. I had already told him how in college you got to make your own schedule and he said he would take classes on Tuesday and Thursday and work on Mondays and Wednesday, but he would have to get off early on Wednesday because thats a church day. Talk about precious?! He said then I can play sports on Friday and Saturday and go to church on Sunday. So we drove a little further and I pointed out the Hilltopper for Christ House and I explained that that was were a lot of the college people from our church and Greenwood Park hung out. He asked what do they do there? I said, "We play corn hole, talk, eat, watch tv....you know? Just hang out." He sat there for a second then shook he said and said, "Man! I LOVE COLLEGE LIFE!" I busted out laughing. He's 8. I took him into Mass Media with where he won over all of the girls in there. Then we went to Chic-Fil-A. We got some supper and then drove to dodge ball. I made the mistake of giving the kid a Dr. Pepper. Never again. Never again. We played dodge ball for about an hour then I had to take him home. We had a lot of fun, and I hated to drop him off but he said he a lot of homework. I was trying to be responsible :) Anyways. That's pretty much it for me

Thank you for reading
Signing off
God Bless

0 comments:

About This Blog

This is my Lovely Family

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP