God speaks to us everyday; we just have to choose whether or not we listen

>> Friday, November 20, 2009

So I have been really really really really down lately. Im struggling with a lot of things, but tonight I when I was reading my Bible I read this:

Psalms 13
5 But I trust in your unfailing love.
I will rejoice because you have rescued me.
6 I will sing to the Lord
because he is good to me.

Lately I have been taking for granted all the good things in my life, and focusing on the negative and bad things happened to me. This week has been really rough, I LOATHE my new job, one of my best friends is deathly(and when I say deathly Im not joking) ill, my friend Luke got terminated from the program, I miss home with every ounce of being, and My "adopted" Granddaddy passed away. I have been focusing on these things, but God always speaks to us. He did save me and I have to realize that I need to turn these bad things into good things. I need to appreciate meeting new people at my job, pray for my friend, Luke got to go home and be with his family, I am blessed enough to get to talk to my family and have a family to love, and Granddaddy is where he wanted to be; with God. I need to focus on taking every blessing I have and counting it. Tomorrow is a new day, if God chooses to bless me with, and I wont waste it like I have been wasting my days lately. I am going to focus on the good things and try my hardest to enjoy every minute of every day. I love you all!!

4 comments:

Leigh Ann November 21, 2009 at 9:39 AM  

I am SO blessed to have you for a daughter! I am SO proud of you!!! I love you more than you can ever know!!!

Anna November 21, 2009 at 11:33 AM  

What a great thought!! You're amazing!! Love you

Beth R November 22, 2009 at 6:48 PM  

Hey Girl! Sorry things have been so tough for you lately. Have you read Donald Miller's new book, "A Million Miles in a Thousand Years"? I haven't yet, but I heard him speak on Friday night and talk about it - it really sounds like something that would speak to what you are going through right now, maybe something to check out if you have time to read these days. It's all about how we 'write' our life's story - challenging, but refreshing as well. Hope things get easier for you, know that we're all behind you and can't wait to see you in just a few weeks!

Anonymous November 23, 2009 at 8:06 AM  

Baby, you're awesome and i love you, dont ever ever ever forget that, or that we're friends ;)

About This Blog

This is my Lovely Family

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP