Simply Blessed

>> Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I know it is wordless Wednesday, but I have too many words to say to just post pictures. Tuesday was a eye-opening blessing filled day. I was on my way to school and I have to take a back road. It's a road I know I drive to fast on, but it's a paved wide-open space. I was about 15 minutes down that road and there was a man standing in the middle of the road. I had to stop(obviously), but I had to stop because there has been a crash. There were at least 6 clean-up vehicles. It simply broke my heart when I was finally allowed to go, because I drove over the blood and glass. It hit me. That was someone's blood. I dont know what happened, if the people were ok, or even how many people were involved. All I know is that they were people. I thought. I cried. I prayed. That was all I could because seeing that wreck helped me realize that that could have been me. It could have been me. Seeing that helped me realize that I need to take more opportunities to do things Im not use to doing. Seeing that wreck has impacted my life more in two short days, than 21 years of lectures about "making the most of things." The rest of Tuesday went on as planned. Class, lunch, class and then home. However, I took time to go sit and talk with a friend I ran into instead of sayin, "No. I have to go study." I said yes, and even if I did miss out on some of study time, I wont remember that in a few weeks. I will remember the lunch that I had with that friend. Simply Blessed.

Tuesday night I was invited to go sing at WKU with some fellow Christians. They do it every Tuesday night in the football stadium. I had originally said yes, but when I got home I decided not to go. Well, then I started thinkin about how I am going to start sayin yes more often. So I rechanged(is that a word?) my mind back to yes. So I went to the singing. Not only did I experience a wonderful Spiritual time(which I greatly needed), I made some awesome new friends and hung out with some people that I havent seen sense high school. It never fails that when I hang out with fellow Christians(the ones that actually practice what they preach) I feel so much better. I laughed a whole lot. It felt good simply to smile and laugh; not having to fake it like I have been for months now. There wasn't the cussin, smokin, or pressure to drink like with a lot of my other friends. No one made jokes at me because I was a Christian. These are genuine people whom I can rely on. I havent had that feelin in a long time. And even though we just met, it was wonderful to meet new people who shared beliefs like I do. AND THAT WASNT THE END TO MY DAY! Simply Blessed.

I went to the singing with one of my best friends. He drove. Once we got back to his house, we started talking. We were looking at the stars and simply having a good heart to heart. We went and laid on the hood of my car and talked. We talked about life, death, our choices, and whether or not we think we are going to make it to heaven. You know, the good stuff. It was phenomenal. We talked for a little over 2 hours. When I got home, I simply felt blessed. Simply Blessed.

Today the blessings didnt stop. They came in smaller packages, but nevertheless they came. I got text from friends I havent heard from in a while saying that they valued our friendship and missed me. I got 4 wall post from friends saying that I was missed. I worked out with my Dad, and even though we were out of breath(We walked 2.4 miles) we talked. Then he taught me how to drive the tractor. Its. the small things. I loved being under the sunshine with the breeze blowing and riding the tractor. I just simply rode it around the field again and again and again. I was grinning from ear to ear.Simply Blessed.

Then. I got to go to church. Church is something I look forward to every week, because when I get there I know I am loved. I know that they are my family. Christine Brewer and I teach a class together. We teach the high school, some college, and tonight the middle school girls. I learn from them just as much as I try to teach them. We sang for the first 15 minutes of class tonight and it sounded simply heavenly. I hope these girls are getting just as much out of this class. Simply Blessed.

After church I went to my friend Klents house. We watch Top Chef every week. I love the fact that there was 7 of us there to watch a cooking show just so we could hang out together. We didnt have to fill the silence we all just sat there watching tv, and being content with each other's company. Simply blessed.

I hope you all have a wonderful day. God Bless

2 comments:

Anonymous September 16, 2010 at 3:31 AM  

i love this post so so so much. i love you :)

Anonymous September 20, 2010 at 12:25 PM  

I'm so sorry for the people in that accident, but it affected you positively and i'm so happy you became the YES WOMAN! haha I'm so so happy you had a great few days like that, and I know that there are many more little blessings to come your way. and you deserve every single one of them. I'm so glad WE'RE FRIENDS-simply blessed.

guess who?? (haha you'll never figure this out!)

About This Blog

This is my Lovely Family

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP