Things I Love Thursdays

>> Thursday, September 9, 2010

Some days it is easier for me to think of things that I love, and when I sit down I have to force myself to think of the positive things in life. I have so much I am blessed with, but today is one of those days where all I can focus on is the negative. We all have those days where we get down. Today is my day to be down. Soooo I am going to make myself talk about one thing that I love. That one thing today is baking.

I know everyone has their one thing that is there stress relief, but I have several and most of them are childish such as playdough and coloring. However, baking is something that can put a smile on my face. I love the process and the final product. I love that when my world seems to be falling apart and there is no method to the madness that I can follow a recipe and I know there is a 99.9% guarantee that I am going to get what I want. I adore that, because sometimes in life when you follow the instructions your life still comes crashing down, but not when you bake. You follow the instructions and you get what you want. So here is my treat for you today. Here is my favorite recipe for cookies

The BEST Butter Cookies:

4 sticks of butter soften
1 1/2 cups of sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
5 cups of all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon of salt
2 teaspoons of baking powder

Combing flour, baking powder, and salt: Set aside

Cream butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Gradually add flour mixture. Mix Well.

Divide dough into four equal pieces form into a ball and then flatten. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.

Roll out dough, one piece at a time on lightly floured surface to 1/8 inch thickness. Keep remaining dough refrigerated. Cut into desire shapes with floured cookie cutters and place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.

Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned at 375 degrees. Transfer cookies to wire racks cool before frosting.

Frosting for Cookies:

1/2 cup butter softened
4 cups powdered sugar
4 tablespoons mil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Cream butter, gradually add sugar. Beat well. Add milk and vanilla, mixing until smooth.

Enjoy!

God Bless

1 comments:

Anonymous September 20, 2010 at 12:14 PM  

sounds amazing! imiss baking with you. I'm definatley going to try this recipe.

About This Blog

This is my Lovely Family

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP