Some Days are Better than other....

>> Monday, September 20, 2010

Today was a "other" type of day. I work 7p-7a so lets start there. My night at work was absolutely awful. The RNs thought I was going to have to go to ER because they thought I was having a panic attack. My heart rate, bp, respiration, and blood sugar jumped up. I have never had a feeling like that before. I ran the entire night. It was a long awful night; I couldnt get caught up. I was constantly busy. Most nights things die down from 2-4 so I can get caught up on charting and little other things. Not last night. Then my people that relieve me showed up and clocked-in 30 minutes late. It started off rough at 7:30 when I got off and has continued that way. When I got home I checked some of our lovely online "social networking" site (Aka. Blogger.com, Facebook, and Twitter).......skkkkerrrk. Let me back up.

*Sidenote: Somethings happened a few months back that have turned my world upside down. Some days are better than other with coping with what happened. It's a struggle everyday. I hate how good Ive gotten at acting like Im ok, but to be honest I am wreck. Even after three or so months Im still a wreck. Sometimes its a chore just to wake up and sometimes its just an after thought. Today this particular struggle was a huge burden and roadblock. Ok, back to the story.*

Ok, So I checked my normal websites and saw things that triggered the emotions. I was to tired to fight crying so it just happened. I slept from 8:30 until 1:30. When I woke up I immediately started crying. I sobbed. Not like little ones, like ones that make your eyes so red that it looks like someone cold-clocked you in the eyes. I tried to sober and I couldnt. The more I tried to stop cryin, the worse I cried. I went downstairs. My Dad was really worried and at first I couldnt catch my breath to tell him what was wrong. When I finally spoke all I could get out was, "Some days are harder than others." My Dad and I worked out together and that helped so much. Then I got alone again and then began the water works again. So I decided to stop letting myself be alone. I called two friends and invited them over to watch the premier of Chuck. We didnt do anything, but it was the pick me up I needed. We ate, talked, and watched t.v. It meant the world to me that one of them came over just because I told him I had a bad day.

Yes, now that I am alone, I am crying again. I know that I am a strong person, but sometimes it doesnt feel that way. Sometimes I feel like I can't get out of bed. Today was one of those days. So all I am asking is for prayers. Pray that I can get over this hurdle. Pray that my heart can heal. Thank you for your prayers. Today wasnt a great day, but tomorrow is a clean slate. Tomorrow is a different day. Tomorrow just like today is a gift from God. Tomorrow is just what I need.

"Just thinking about tomorrow
cleares away the cobwebs and the sorow
'till their none
when i'm stuck with a day that's gray and lonely
i just think of my chin and grin and say oh
the sun'll come out tomorrow
so you gotta hang until tomorrow
come what may
tomorrow tomorrow i love ya tomorrow
your always a day away "

Tomorrow is only 30 minutes away. I love yall. God Bless.

2 comments:

Lou Anne September 21, 2010 at 6:19 AM  

Amy, I have no idea what you've been going through, but I have a verse that always lifts me up when I'm feeling down, and I'd like to share it with you. A good friend shared it with me in high school when I really needed it, and I still remember how powerful it felt to me that day, and how powerful it truly is.

"When I think of all this, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father, the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth. I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God's love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God."
~Ephesians 3:14-19

I hope it gives you comfort and encouragement. I love you, Amy, you always bring a smile to my face. I pray that God gives you His peace. Let me know if you ever need a listening ear.

In Him,
Lou Anne

Elisa Beth October 2, 2010 at 3:23 PM  

Amy, you know if you ever need anything,I'll always be there for you. We love you so much!!!

About This Blog

This is my Lovely Family

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP