Dave Barnes, Joe White, and New Friends Oh My!

>> Wednesday, February 16, 2011

We all know I am very busy. School. Work. Friends. Family. Sleep(Very little of that). Ive worked overtime this week, but last night even with everything on my to do list I took sometime for myself. I went a F-R-E-E Dave Barnes concert on campus. Emma and Emily came with me. It wasnt just a concert though. It was put on by the BCM on campus. Joe White, who is a really amazing speaker, did a drama presentation. He spoke as he built the cross that Jesus was crucified on. He did it from the prespective of the man who built that cross. It was really neat to watch. Then people who wanted to could write their sins on the card and take it to the front and have it nailed on the cross. It was really moving to watch peoples sins people physically nailed upon a cross. People flooded the ailse and lined up to have their sins nailed. He then gace them a chain to prove that they are a bondservant to God now. They are giving their life to God. They are his. Now and forever more. I mean I think that is so neat.I think there is a huge difference we miss everyday. When we view our self as God's slave we see things as "have too" like 10 Commandments, We HAVE to read the Bible, We Have to go to church, We HAVE to not cuss, and we HAVE to follow him. BUT when we see our self as God's servants we GET to follow the 10 Guidelines, We GET to emurse ourselves in God's Word; He blesses us with the privilege to read it. We GET the opportunity to fellowship with other saints at church, school, after school, and at events like last night. AND We GET the opportunity to choose our language; We GET to choose what words come out of our mouth. We are God's servants, not just his slaves. We GET to serve our Maker. He doesn't force us too. That's something people need to focus on(Sorry, Im off my soap-box now. Back to last night)

Dave Barnes then came out and sang. PS. He is amazing live. He was hysterical. After that Emma and Emily invited a couple of guys, David and Robert to come to GADS(Great American Doughnuts) with us. We stayed out way to late, but we had lots of fun. It was what I needed. A night out. It was great. It was wonderful. It was a God thing.
Thank you for reading.
Signing off
God Bless

2 comments:

Anonymous February 22, 2011 at 2:32 PM  

This is amazing. ps i'm showing j-dawg :)

Emily February 24, 2011 at 1:46 PM  

oooh! i remember that time. let's do that again :)

About This Blog

This is my Lovely Family

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP