Mommy Wow....Im a Big Kid Now.

>> Monday, February 1, 2010

Orientation. Direct Deposit. Benefits. Life Insurance. Health Insurance. Vision and Dental Insurance. Deductible. FSA. Medication Therapy Management Service. Shift Differential. Paid Time Off. What do these words have in common? They are all for a big kid job! Guess what? I heard all of these words and hundreds more that I have never heard before today. Whoa. Talk about having a headache. Haha. But guess what? I like it.

For those of you who dont know, I started my first real Big Kid Job. Yes, I am growing up. Its scary. I dont like it, but I like it. I like being in a job where I have to have a photo id to get into certain parts of the building. I like sitting through orientation for 5 hours and then working on computer classes for 4. I like being confused. You know why I like it? I like it cause I feel like I am doing something with my life and I am sooooo excited about it. I like taking the initiative and picking my own insurance plan and filling out paperwork. Its really scary, but I like it. (Did I mention I like it? Ok. Just checking).

It's like going on a roller coaster. You know when you are sitting at the dock and you scared, and then you start to move. The climb up takes five hundred years, but then you drop and you scream and you love it. As soon as you stop, you want to do it all over again. Thats the way I felt about today, and I have a feeling Im going to want to stay on this roller coaster. I know I will have to do the icky nasty stuff that no one else wants to do, but Im ok with that. I realize that I am the low man on the totem pole, but at least Im on the totem pole right? Right.

One of the highlights of my day was going to the Scrub shop. I tried on Scrubs(and even if I didnt buy a pair yet) I came out cheesin it. I couldnt stop smiling. I was so happy about being in them. The other highligh of my day was getting my ID for the Medical Center. Its the little things in life, but thats what life is made of.

I have to go because I have orientation again tomorrow :) (Im excited!!) And I have 6 chapters to read for my class and I have homework. By the way, not only and I working full time, I am going to school full time as well. Wish me luck. Pray for me. Im going to need it.

PS Before I go I have to tell you this. Today the Chaplin came in to talk to us about the Ethics Committee, and the whole time he was talking I was trying to figure out how I knew him. The first thing he said was
"Today you are going to witness two miracles. 1. You are going to hear a Southern Baptist Preacher keep his lesson under 30 minutes and 2. Im not going to ask for benevolence." Haha I laughed real hard. But the more he talked, I realized I had to know him. I thought maybe I had met him through Dad(my Daddy is a preacher). The whole 30 minutes he talked, I kept trying to figure it out. When he was leaving, he said something about reffing on the weekends! I know he was now. He had reffed my basketball league and umpired for my softball league growing up. He gave me a Technical one time in basketball. Haha. How funny is that? Ok. I have to go. For real. I love you all. God Bless.

7 comments:

Wendi Kelley February 1, 2010 at 7:50 PM  

And she forgot to mention that I bought her pizza at CiCis Pizza to celebrate and congratulate her growing up and her first day on the job!! So proud of you girl!!!! Gigi's cupcakes is next on the list! Mwah!
Much love, Wendi

Anonymous February 1, 2010 at 8:10 PM  

I love you!! I know you'll be busy, but you've got to keep blogging. I love you. I want to know about your big kid job the more you're in it. I love hearing about it. I can only imagine how awesome this is for you. :) I love this. ps...Amber Ferrell teaches preschool and she wears scrub pants and a t-shirt every day. I think I will do that too if I get a job at a daycare, we can be scrub twins! Umm, except you'll be wearing scrub tops too. So you'll look like you actually wear scrubs. I'll look like pajamas. Good then.

love you! :)

Megan February 1, 2010 at 9:32 PM  

So happy for you, Amy!

Brittney February 2, 2010 at 8:22 AM  

Aw, yay! How exciting!

Anonymous February 3, 2010 at 11:07 AM  

Wow Amy! Sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now! Glad you are loving your new job! Love you girl! I know you will do great! Praying for you as you start this new adventure in your life!

Kelsey Carter February 3, 2010 at 11:11 AM  

Wow Amy! Sounds like you have a lot on your plate! Love you girl! Glad you are loving your new job! I know you will do great! I will pray for you as you start this new adventure in your life!

Leigh Ann February 4, 2010 at 6:55 AM  

I am SOOOOOO proud of my Big Kid daughter!! I love you so much!!! You are so wise at such a young age!!!! Remember to enjoy every minute of your life!!!!!

About This Blog

This is my Lovely Family

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP