My Valentine's Weekend!!

>> Monday, February 15, 2010

Hello One and All!!
For the record, I just want to say I hate(with a passion)Valentine's day. It's nothing personal. I just feel like it a commerical holiday. I am sure there is a wonderful beautiful story of the origins of V-day, but it wont change my mind. In high school up a group of friends of mine, including Christine, made I Hate Valentine's Day tshirts. I have wore that tshirt ever year since we made them. And that was my sophomore year of high school. BUT I do have to say that I had a wonderful weekend. And I just cant wait to tell you about it.

Friday:
After I got off work at my big kid job, I went to church. You see I was volunteered, by my lovely mother, to be in charge of child care for church. The church had a couple's dinner for valentine's day and child care was provided. I was in charge of care for 22 kids ranging in age from 4 months to 3rd grade. Well, needless I say, it was a large age gap. Haha. We ended up doing centers and I rotated rooms every 30 minutes. I had some wonderful help from my friends. I wouldnt have been able to done it without them. After that adventure, the teens and my helpers and I decided to go bowling. We went to Southern Lanes, and they were full. SO we went to Crescent Bowling, and they were full as well. So, what does a bunch of youth group kids do when they can't go bowling? They go back to the church building! Haha. We played cards, basketball, and hide-and-go seek in the dark until 2 am. I would just like to point out, you know you are a good kid when you are hanging out with your youth group at the church building until 2am on a Friday night playing hide-and-go seek. Haha. My friends Emily and Bethany spent the night. (Im going to blog about Emily here soon....get excited)

Saturday:
We woke up(way earlier than I wanted to mind you) and took Emily to her car. I came back home Bethany and I hung out for a while and talked, then we went to Shoney's for brunch, ran a few errands, and then came home. When I got home, Ainsley(who is Elisa Beth's daughter) was spending the day with my mom. Ainsley and I hung out for a little bit and then my 3 precious nephews came up for a little bit. I played with them for a while but then I went to Nashville. I am a season ticket holder at TPAC. My friend Anna and I have tickets together, but she was sick :( But Emily went in her place so I didnt have to go by myself. We went to see Drowsy Chaperon which I had never heard of before, but let me tell you, I adored it. I loved it. I laughed until I cried. It was amazing.

Sunday:
I went to church. I am going to blog about my church later, but let me tell you. I love my church so much. After church I went to eat with my parents for Valentine's day at a Mexican Restaurant in Scottsville. Then I met up with my friend Jessica(who is Bethany's sister). We went to the rodeo. It was my first time ever going to the rodeo and I loved it!! After the rodeo we went to Walmart to kill time before church. Sunday night, we went to church and after church a group of us went bowling. It was a lot of fun. I came in 2nd to last both times, but nevertheless it was loads of fun.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!!
God Bless and Love you!

2 comments:

Emily Potter February 15, 2010 at 5:31 PM  

i'm glad i went to TPAC with you!! i loved, loved, LOVED the Drowsy Chaperone

Anonymous February 15, 2010 at 10:32 PM  

that sounds like an amazing weekend! hanging out at your church with everyone is so much fun! (even though i only get to do about twice a year-thanks lexington) oh and i love st.valentines day. whether i'm single or not its fun. love you!!
?????

About This Blog

This is my Lovely Family

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP