Things I love Thursday

>> Thursday, February 18, 2010

Ta da!! Things I love Thursday!!

There are a lot of things I love....I really wanted to blog about my friend Emily BUT currently my bestest friend in the whole world(aka my iphone) is broken so I cant upload my pictures. So Ill have to blog about her when my phone is better and no longer sick :(

Ok so the 2nd thing I was going to blog about it my church. I go to Alvaton Church of Christ.
When I was in 5th grade my parents made the best decision of my life. My Papa decided to take a job at Alvaton. At the time I hated it. I hated the school. I hated the fact that I had to leave my friends. I hated the move. I hated everything. Even though then I thought my world was going to end, I grew to realize my world was just beginning. The school that I hated, became one where I made friends....friends that have been there for me and hold a place near and dear to my heart. My old friends kept in touch. The move led me to two really cool houses.

Alvaton is by far the most special and loving place on Earth. They are truly people of God. They are not only my friends, but they are my mentors who give me advise. As I have grown up and moved, I have been to different churches over the past few years and even though they were each special in their on way: not a one can hold a candle to the way Alvaton makes me feel. Alvaton is home. It is the thing I look forward to every week. Its my pick-me-up. Its my love. Over the years, I have laughed there, I have grown there, I have cried there, I have loved there, and I have been loved there. I am loved, and my brothers and sisters in Christ make sure I know that. I can go there and know that I am accepted and loved for who I am.

Not only are they always there for me, they share my loved for God. They worship my Savior with me. The help lead me to Christ and aid me in my spiritual walk. They challenge me. I would not be who I am today without them. We are not perfect, but if you can show me a family that is, I will be incredibly impressed. I didnt say find me a perfect church, find me a perfect family. Yes, Alvaton is a church, but more-so Alvaton is a family. They are my family.

If you had asked me if I liked Alvaton 9 years ago, I would have hands down said no. If you asked me today if I liked Alvaton: My answer would be, No I dont like Alvaton.... I love Alvaton. I without a doubt love Alvaton with my whole heart.

2 comments:

Anonymous February 18, 2010 at 7:13 PM  

No, I didn't just cry in this post about our home. That would be weird. :)

ps. You just gave me an idea. an inspiration. I love you so.

Anonymous February 18, 2010 at 7:23 PM  

Amy Wells, I love you. I'm so happy you moved to Alvaton. and even though I don't go to your Church (uh-oh a hint!) I love it there and I always have a good time with y'all. I'm so glad WE'RE FRIENDS (what?! another hint!) because my life would not be the same without you! this is cute!
??????

About This Blog

This is my Lovely Family

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP