The Best Concert of My Life

>> Monday, January 10, 2011

Ok, so Ive used the past weekend to update you on part of the past missing months, but because it's January I am going to tell you whats been going on with me. This year can only go up from the year 2010 which was really rough for me, so I am glad to see it off. The year 2011 couldnt have started off better for me :)

Since Chuck was put on hold for the Holidays I got ADDICTED to the show the Sing Off. For those of you who dont know the show is an Acapella singing competition and it is PHENOMENAL. For Christmas my Aunt Diane bought me a ticket to see The Whiffenpoofs who were from Yale and Street Corner Symphony who are from Nashville :) So on January 4th Jessica, Bethany, and I loaded up and took off to Nashville for a girls night. We started off at Chilis, my absolute favorite restaurant and our waiter was great. Then we went to Exit/In for the concert. Exit/In was a little place in Nashville and when we got there the line to get in wrapped down the block and around the corner. I knew for sure we were going to be stuck in the back, but when we got in there Jessica did some mad maneuvering skills and got us close enough that I could touch the stage. The place was packed! It was sold out. It was one of those little place that is standing room only and looks like a whole in the wall. Well, we were right by the men's bathroom and I saw Ben Folds walk into the bathroom. I freaked out and hit B. I forgot to tell Jess and B that when I go to concerts I am sorta/a huge spaz. Every time one of the boys walked into the bathroom I hit her. Not hard. But a slap. It was a total accident. B finally said "Amy, you have got to get a grip." Ooops. Haha. Once the concert started the Whiffenpoofs preformed. They were as wonderful as I wanted them to be. They did my favorite song from the whole season and I squealed. After they went off, Street Corner Symphony(SCS) preformed. They killed it. Jeremy Lister who is the main singer for SCS gave me chills on the tv, but seeing him live I lost my breath a couple of times. He gave me chills. If those two groups were enough they had three surprise performers! First the winners of the show came out, Committed. They were missing a couple of guys, but even with the missing guys they were great! Committed and SCS sang a few songs together and then Committed sang a few. SCS came out and said we have another surprise. I just assumed it was Ben Folds because I saw him go to the bathroom, and then J said, "Allison Krauss." I screamed so loud I hurt B's ear. She grabbed it, but you have to understand Allison Krauss was on my bucket list to see and I was all of 10 feet from her! Could it get any better than that?! The third surprise preformer was of course Ben Folds, and this is where Jess screamed loud enough to bust B's other ear. I felt bad for B for standing in between me and Jess. SCS sang a couple of more then the Whiffenpoofs and Commited came out for a final song. Well after that the noise decible was KILLER! So SCS came out and preformed another and then the Whiffenpoofs joined them for on final song. It was AMAZING!

So let me preface this next part. I have a confession. I am IN LOVE with Committed and Jeremy. Their voices are sweet like honey and smooth as silk. Jeremy was singing and Committed were sitting beside me and I thought I was going to faint. So after the concert they were just chilling so I grabbed B and made her come take a picture with me. Jessica went and got a signed posted for us. Nothing could have started the year off better than that night.

When ended up stopping at Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the Arkansas and Ohio State game, then we went home and gushed about the concert to Aunt Diane and Uncle Bobby. Anyways most of you that read my blog are my facebook friends. I posted pictures and videos so enjoy!

1 comments:

Unknown January 12, 2011 at 11:47 AM  

Sounds like you have been busy, girl! Glad you've gotten to do such fun stuff! Hope 2011 is a wonderful year for you! Love you!
LA

About This Blog

This is my Lovely Family

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP