Gulf Coast Getaway 2011

>> Thursday, January 20, 2011

Let me tell you about GCG 2011. First off, for those of you who dont know GCG is a weekend in Panama City Beach with colleges across the SEC. Their Christian Student Centers come together for an amazing weekend. I went with the group from Knoxville that I went camping with. Remember? Ok. I already wrote about Friday, so I am going to pick up with Saturday.
So here's my adventures from PCB and GCG.

Saturday: We got up and started our day off with the First Session. Randy Harris was the speaker. He is from Abilene Christian, and he is phenomenal. He talked to us about being Cruicformed. By that he meant that every aspect of our life reflects Christ. He also talked to us about our puzzle piece fitting into God's plan. Those were the two most prominent points of the weekend(Ill talk about those more in a little bit). After the session Bethany, Matt, Wesley, Daniel, and I went back to the boys condo, made lunch, and watched the UT Basketball game. We had a lot of fun just hanging out. We went to the afternoon session where we got to pick classes to go to. We went to a singing one. I stood between Matt and Daniel. Let me tell you, those two boys can sing. It was so uplifting and such a wonderful time of worship. After the class Bethany, Wes and I went to the beach. We played on the beach and took pictures. After a while a lot of our group showed up on the beach so we hung out with them for a while. Then we went back and got ready for super. The whole group from Knoxville, about 50 of us, went out to eat Saturday night. I sat with some new people and had a lot of fun. After supper we went back for the night session. It was so wonderful. I love hearing people who are on fire for God speak. The speaker spoke about how we are like our puzzle pieces. Imperfect and incomplete. We finished up the night by making another Walmart run for cards. We went back to the boys condo and B ended up leaving. So the boys taught me how to play Texas Hold 'Em. It was lost of fun.

Sunday: We woke up, went and ate breakfast then went to the first session. We took communion and when we did, we got to have our own puzzle piece with communion. After session, we ate lunch and got ready for XGAMES. XGames is a HUGE part of GCG. All the schools compete against each other in different events. The 3 main events were bull pen(you had a balloon tied on your ankle and the other teams were trying to pop yours), jousting, and tug-of-war. We had so much fun playing and watching the games. I watched the first two but I was on the tug-of-war team. We got cheated. Really, we did. We played 3 times before some teams even played once. Rude. haha. After Xgames, we went out to eat. B, Matt, Wesley, Daniel, Will, LJ(One of my newest and coolest friends....its a small world. She went to WKU for 3 years and her family is from BG) and I went to Red Robin and ate together. We went to the final session. In this session we heard a very touching story about a lady named Veronica, then two missionary groups got up and told their stories. Then we took up a collection. There were 1600 of us and we raised $34,000. How cool is God? After the session, we had a small devo with just UT's group. I cried like a baby, and slightly spilled my guts. I was so embarrassed. After the devo, we went back to the condo. LJ and I had some good heart to heart talk. She really helped me out a lot and gave me hope about transferring.

Monday: We woke and packed and left. I was so incredibly sad to leave. HOWEVER, on the way home Bethany, Daniel and I talked pretty much the entire 9 hours home and it was great conversations. Matt pitched in some, but him and Wesley mostly slept. I love conversations that arent forced and make you laugh. It's what builds friendship. This is exactly the type of conversation Daniel, B and I had. I thoroughly enjoyed the ride home :)

Anyways. That was my trip to GCG 2011. I can NOT wait to get back :)

0 comments:

About This Blog

This is my Lovely Family

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP