Recap Saturdays: The Adventure 1 of October :)

>> Saturday, January 8, 2011

Ive been promising to recap a lot things so I decided to use Saturdays(and possibly Sundays) as my day to recap on the missing months of my blog. So lets start with October. In October I worked, went to school and took an amazing trip and met a new friend. It was pretty awesome. The majority of my story telling for the next little bit will consist of my trip to West Virginia so bear with me and enjoy the ride :)

October 6th-8th
I went away to this wonderful little oasis with my friend, Jessica Durham. I wanted a escape form reality so I picked somewhere in the little bitty state of West Virgina. I picked West Virginia because I had never been there and it was only a 4 hours drive(it would help me with my bucket list to see all 50 states). I picked Hunting, WV so I could see where Marshal University was and it had a precious little place with cabins called Heritage Farms. On the way to WV we had a trip that seemed to take no time what so ever. When we got there and checked in we were giddy. Heritage Farms was the quaintest place I had ever seen. It had little historic town and several cabins and older houses people were staying in. It was a precious little place. We walked into our cabin. We both squealed. IT WAS HUGE. Let me take you on mental tour close your eyes and imagine(well..close your eyes after you read so you will know what to think about) It had enough room to sleep 12 people. It was filled with antiques and was amazing. We had a beautiful view of a valley with a barn and long fence. The log cabin had two porches with swings. The loft of the cabin was large enough to have 3 full beds, a love seat and 3 sets of drawers. The living room had 2 couches, a fire place, NO tv, books, games, and the largest red area rug Ive ever see. Off the hallway was 2 full baths, a linen closet, and a laundry room. The kitchen had two stove, one electric and one wood burning stove. In the center of a room was a large oval wood table. Through the kitchen was the master bedroom and another bathroom. This is where we slept. It had a n old oak bed with detailed carvings of roses and swirls on the 8 foot high head board. Two bed side tables with the cutest lamps ever, a couch, and two dresses were also in the room. The lamps were so neat! Would you like to know why the lamps were so fascinating to me? Oh you do? Of course, I would be glad to enlighten you! The first click turned on a kerosene part of the lamp, the second click turned on the lamp part the the third click turned on the kerosene AND electric part! Precious. I sure believe so.
Here are some pictures so you can understand why we freaked out.


Moving On Ward: After out massive freak out, we decided what we were going to do because we came with no plans. We picked out a church to attend and decided to drive and go antique shopping there until church time. When we got to the town we did a little shopping. No luck. We realized we were starving and the only place we could find to eat looked like a lean to shanty. We were out of options, but let me tell you I am so glad we were. It was so scrumptious. It ended up being a family owned restaurant who had been in business for over 40 years. It had the best hamburger I have ever ate in my life. After we left the restaurant we went to church. We got there late and that ended up being very awkward because when we walked in, Jess and I made up a fourth of the church and we were the youngest there by a good 50 years. They were precious people. We drove to Marshal and took pictures, scoped out things to do and found some exciting possibilities. After our drive to Huntington we went back to the cabin and watched some movies and did some star gazing. Wednesday was great, but the best was yet to come.

Fast Forward to Thursday: We got up and Jess cooked breakfast, then we embarked on our journey. First we went antique shopping in downtown Huntington. After shopping we drove to Marshal. Marshal is the sole reason for me picking Huntington. We drove around and took pictures then we went and ate lunch at the Marhsal cafe. I was so excited. After we ate we drove around and I happened to find a park. We got our took pictures walked around and just hung out for a while. There was this really cool bridge that crossed the river we were playing by. I wanted to cross the bridge. So after a couple of hours, Jess and I drove across the bridge. In the process of crossing the bridge, we ended up in Ohio. I freaked out. I didnt realize we were sitting across from Ohio in WV. AND I didnt realize that the river we were playing by was the Ohio River. That meant that I got to cross of two states for my goal to see all 50. We went into a Wedding Dress and Ammunition Store(odd combination that I found ironically humorous). Then we headed off to our big plans for the rest of the night. We discovered that there is Pumpkin Festival the weekend we were in town so we HAD to go. I bought amazing apple and pumpkin butter. The pumpkin festival was like a massive fall festival with lots of pumpkins, crafts, homemade items, wonderful food and wonderful smells. It was such a wonderful experience. On the way back to the cabin we at a place called Frostys. Frostys was a drive-in, but not like Sonic. It was just like the one on Happy Days. The guy came to your car to take your order, you parked, he delivered, and you honked when you were done. They had massive mugs that had coke and rootbeer floats. It was heavenly. We finished that night at the cabin watching Mighty Ducks and eating cookies.

Friday: On the way home, we stopped and ate at a place called Soda Pop Junction. It was a place that was just like something out of a 50s movie with bar stools and a pharmacy in the back. It was so cute and the food was great. It was a wonderful and blessed trip. Once we got home, I unpacked but didnt stay home very long because that night I went to a Jeremy Camp concert in Nashville with Emily Potter. When then went and hung out with Cash and his roommate Asher(thats the new friend I made this month).

Ok, so now that you have read my novel I hope you enjoyed. I will post pictures from this trip on Wordless Wednesdays this week :)

I love you! God Bless

1 comments:

Anonymous January 13, 2011 at 6:23 AM  

You make me want to go to that little place. Can we go sometime? :)

About This Blog

This is my Lovely Family

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP