BEWARE: Lots of Memories Ahead :)

>> Thursday, September 17, 2009

Hey! Im so sorry Im not very good at keepin up with this blogging mess. I've been coming home after work, showering, leaving or work, shower, bed. BUT there is a lot to update you so this is going to be a ridiculously long blog. I dont blame you if you don't want to read it. With that being said, let me back up till last Saturday.

SATURDAY:
Saturday was my day off and I went to Animal Kingdom. When I woke up, I was incredibly sad because it was raining, but you know what I did. I put on my poncho and I was on my way. I dragged asked politely my roommate, Julie, to come with me. So we got to Animal Kingdom at 10ish. When you walk into every park, there is a WOW moment. For example, Magic Kingdom: it's the castle. Epcot: it's the Epcot Ball and Animal Kingdom's is the tree of life. It is so amazing the detail of every animal that is carved into the tree. I just stood there in awww for a few minutes and after I got done looking like I was hypnotized, we went to see a Bug's Life the 3-D Show, It's Tough to be a Bug. That show is so cute :) I know I say that about so many things but I am in love with the 3-D shows down here. I definitely screamed when the bugs ran at my feet. Haha. Then we went to ride Mount Everest which is an INSANE roller coaster. It starts off really boring and I thought it was going to be like that the whole time, BUT then, my friend, you about pee your pants because the tracks end and you come to an abrupt halt and you are looking over at least 5 miles of Orlando. Then you go backwards and it's in the dark. THEN you stop again and the tracks rotate infront of you and its dark so you just see a creepy thing turning over AND THEN you plummet to you death. Haha. After we rode Everest the first 2 times, we went to the Klilmagaro Safaris. We saw lions, elephants, baby elephants, antelope, giraffes, crocodiles, hippos, white rhinoceros, rhinoceros, and several other animals. It was so cool because they were so close to you. MIND YOU it was raining the whole time so we didn't even see half the animals but we saw so many. After the safari we went to Rafiki's Planet Watch, which you take a train too. (This is where the story gets embarrassing) At Rafiki's Planet Watch it's an island where you can see rain forest animals, reptiles, and other assorted creatures(aka farm animals….which I have at my house). BUT when I walked into the building I saw character and no lie I screamed. I met Pocahontas, Rafiki, Jiminy Cricket, Wiggins(the bad guy from Pocahontas), Meeko, Timon, Brer Rabbit and Brer Bear, and Baloo. I had baby freak outs when I met them. It was so cool!! I loved it. So after this we got back on the train and started wandering around. We went to Camp Minnie-Mickey to see the Festival of the Lion King, but on our way I saw there was yet ANOTHER place to meet characters. (Im not going to lie this INCREDIBLY embarrassing….like I don't even want to tell you but I can't leave this part of the story out). I was waiting in line to meet Mickey and I was so beyond stoked. When I got to the front of the line it was NOT Just Mickey, it was Minnie too! I screamed!! not a little scream like hard-core screamed! My roommate had to explain to the people in line that I had never been. The people were laughing. (THIS IS NOT THE END OF MY STORY FRIENDS….THERE IS MORE) SO after I get out line, I see there is another line and who is in that line….shut the front door. It was Donald Duck and Goofy. NOT only did I scream but I had a massive freak out. The camera people, characters, other guests, attendants, and my roommate were all laughing. One camera guy said, "It's like you have waited your whole life for this!" and I turned around and said "I have! I have waited 20 years for this!!" Everyone was laughing so hard but I was so excited, Goofy just kept hugging and hugging me. The photographer got 34 pictures of me. They thought I was so funny. I LOVE IT! I can not even begin to describe how filled with joy I was. :) Forget Prince Charming, I want to marry Goofy!!

After this episode, I went to eat lunch and I saw Pooh, Tigger, and Eeyore. They were precious. I contained myself at this point. Then we went to Dinoland and saw the Finding Nemo Musical. Which is AMAZING! It's people with puppets, but not the corny puppets, like the Lion King on Broadway kind of Puppets. After all of this we went back to Everest and rode it 6 more times. Just in case you weren't counting, that means we rode Everest 8 times. Yes, my friends, 8 times. We decided that at the 8th time we should probably go home. We didn't even do everything at Animal Kingdom! I loved it, but my day did not end here either.

I went home and watched Tennessee loose an awful game, during which, my roommate took a nap. But after that we went to Magic Kingdom. WHAT?!!? Stop the train. I went to 2 parks in one day! I went with my friend Spenser, Caleb, and Julie to Magic Kingdom(MK for future reference). We watched Spectromagic which is only one of the coolest parades EVER!! It's the light parade at Night and we got to watch Wishes which is the firework show at MK. It was even more magical because we saw someone propose right before the fireworks. How cute is that? This was only Satuday. BUT my fingers hurt from typing so I will post the rest of my adventures from this week later tonight. I love you all!!

3 comments:

Anonymous September 17, 2009 at 8:17 PM  

WHAT A FUN TIME!!! I am pretty sure I would DIE if I rode Everest. Like really really. I miss you so. I'm so glad you are having a blast. I can't wait to come visit you. Seriously.

Beth September 18, 2009 at 12:24 PM  

Yeah!! More Amy stories - I love living vicariously through you - I could visit Disney every month and never get tired of it! Even more glad that someone besides me tears up at the sight of the castle, etc. We miss you!

Anonymous September 19, 2009 at 12:57 PM  

ahhhhhhhhhh this is an amazing day!!!!!!!!!!!! except for rollercoasters aka death traps. but everything else sounds fun! did you see flamingos and pretty tropical birds???i hope i get to see minnie and mickey at the same time too!

About This Blog

This is my Lovely Family

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP