>> Saturday, September 5, 2009

First off I am still having a wonderful time. I still love it down here and I am still having the time of my life. BUT I got to thinking about some stuff so I need to get it off my chest. Ok. So I need to vent.


I'm going to pull a Christine. ( she likes to start out lessons with a definition) Im starting this out with a definition.
LYING: 1: to make an untrue statement with intent to deceive
2 : to create a false or misleading impression
3. the blunt term, imputing dishonesty

I LOATHE lying. I think number three is my favorite because it's so accurate. LYING is always BLUNT. You can't accidentally lie. There may not be motif behind your lying, but more than likely it is. Sometimes it is to "save the other person from being hurt," but more than likely it is to save your butt. People claim to lie for good reasons, but I think that if the act you are doing isn't good, then your reasons behind it cant be good. (in this case at least) Lying isnt accidental. It is blunt. There is a decision when you open your mouth to lie. You can stop yourself or you can say the lie. You have the decision.

Without going into details I have had several people do me wrong, and because of this I have trust issues. Im not saying I have had a hard life or sayin "woe is me," but I have had my fair share of friendships being messed up. AND when you pull away all the muck and grime of the stuff that happened it comes down to people lying. Without a doubt lying can make or break a relationship in my opinion. It doesn't matter if it is family, friends, or boyfriends. It doesn't matter if it was a friendship or more than that. I know this is awful, but once you lie to me once it's so hard for me to EVER trust that person again. I will still be their friend(for the most part) but they have more than likely lost my trust in their ability to keep secrets or be honest. I know those two things are directly connected but to me they are. Because if you are lying to me, then how do I know you arent lying when you say I will keep your secrets. AGH!


I think friends are the hardest thing to come by, but when someone lies to me. It. Kills. Me. It breaks my heart and when I know they are bluntly lying I get so mad. I know the Christian thing is to forgive. but sometimes I can't. It's something I struggle with on a daily basis. Whenever I start to become friends with a person(I KNOW THIS IS AWFUL) but I tell them small things so I can learn weather or not I trust them. And if they can't keep the little secrets then I know that they can't keep the big ones. Im sure you are thinking now, did Amy test me when we became friends and more than likely the answer is yes. Don't hate me.

I know this wasnt the most positive blog ever, but I needed to get this off my chest.

2 comments:

Anonymous September 5, 2009 at 6:43 PM  

i hate lying too. I think I need to call you at some point, my dear friend. :)

Unknown September 8, 2009 at 6:48 PM  

Amy Wells, I need more blog posts from you. Hope you are doing great and having a super fun week!

About This Blog

This is my Lovely Family

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP